Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Come on You Spurs!

Alright, great game today, compared to Saturday. I'm not getting too excited because it was against Sheff U. I thought the overall performance was brilliant, although, I do think the defense looks quite shaky. I cannon wait for King to get healthy and return to cement the backline. Rob, good observation about Keane, he could definitely play some sort of offensive midfield role to utilize Berbatov and Defoe at the same time. I'm definitely going to make it to Fado again. It's a great venue to watch the game. I've seen both there so far and I am assuming that there will be very few other patrons there at 10 on Saturday. Plus great food and drink. On a side note, I met another Spurs fan today at Fado. He was also there for the game against Bolton and said he would most likely be there this Saturday. So, hopefully our network of fans is growing.

Ok, a bit about me: I have only been a Spurs fan proper since about a month ago. I have always been a football fan and even played a bit in high school. I never followed a team though because I did not have any outlet to watch. The only games I caught were Champions League games on ESPN and EPL games on the regional Fox Sports channel (although, I think they may have been replayed, I'm not sure). So, I got back into soccer when Liverpool beat Milan two years ago in the Champions League final. Amazing victory by the way. So after the world cup my friend and I decided to pick a Premiereship team to follow. We didn't want any of the big four but I wanted one in London so I chose Tottenham. I know I'm a newbie to the Spurs but they are now my adopted team and that will never change. I'm passionate about them already. I'm excited for this season and think we have a chance to finish in fourth. Cheers everyone. Good game today. Hope to meet everyone soon.

2 comments:

Rob said...

You picked a good team in Spurs...I was surprised you'd picked them before the Bill Simmons ESPN article came out. That seemed to draw a lot of new converts over here in the US.

Good to hear you've found another fan, give him the link to the blog if hes there on Saturday. I'm 50/50 on whether or not I'll be there, its a bit of a trek from NW DC.

D said...

Yeah, I was happy when I found out Simmons also chose Spurs, but also felt a bit dismayed as I'd probably be viewed as a "bandwagon" type of fan. I'll definitely try to get the other fan at Fado involved. We should all try and meet for a game sometime, I understand that 10 am on a Saturday isn't the most convenient for fans our age.