Thursday, August 31, 2006

Transfers

So what do you think of the new additions. I know that Chimbonda is supposed to be pretty good but as I am relatively new, I have not heard of Malbranque. I am really happy that Lee decided to stay, I think he's done quite well so far. With Lee staying, Chimbonda, and King coming back soon, hopefully our back line will be strengthened. I listen to a podcast, called World Soccer Daily, it's a great podcast, and if you are into that kind of thing you should download it. Anyway, one of the hosts said that he seems to recall Berbatov being able to be played as a midfielder, so with four strikers, maybe Jol will shift some positions. What do you think?

1 comment:

Rob said...

Chimbonda: Happy about, we've been trying to get him for a while and he'll help us out. However, I think Ekotto and Lee have been great on the left and right respectably so I don't think we had as big a need for a RB as everyone has made out.

Steed: Good signing, not hugely necessary but still will fit in well with the squad.

I don't think we'll see Berbatov used as a midfielder, theres more chance of Keane being used in that role.